Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Hair Color, New Outlook

I wasn't lying when I said I never keep up with blogs. But that ends TODAY!

I can't believe I haven't blogged since Interpol, but if it's any consolation I haven't accomplished much since then. Trying to figure my life out, one day at a time.

I was supposed to move to Boston in the new year. Yeah, not happening.....so it's back to square one. I would really like to try out Charleston, my brother lives there and I have liked it every time I've visited. Or Savannah, but it's expensive and I lived there when I went to SCAD. Yeah, not so successful. BUT they have a Marc by Marc Jacobs. Oh, how I would love to work there. But retail jobs legit never cover rent. Sadness.

I think I would really miss being a barista. As lame as it sounds I can actually imagine making a career out of coffee. Literally as I wrote that last sentence I remember playing The Sims when I was younger and how one of the "Slacker" careers was a barista. OUCH. Maybe I should rethink that one.

So it's with my failed Boston attempt plus the recent loss of a family member who I wish I had been able to be closer to that I pledge this: New Hair, New Outlook. If the color of my hair can be lighter in an hour, why can't I lighten up everything as quickly? Lighten up at work, at home, at life. Stop caring so much about what other people think of me. Stop worrying about my lack of a serious boyfriend or my beloved tattoos hindering any chance I have at a career.

It's time to start living life. La vie en rose. Allez, viens.

No comments:

Post a Comment